Thursday 19 July 2012

Welcome, Crybabies

Since people were constantly asking if I had a blog, I have decided to start one. Thanks to my dear friend David Vasey for designing it, and my website, www.derekdownham.com
I am hoping to give you all insight into the crazy musical world I live in. There will be travelling tales, photos, and even some video. Being the luddite that I am, the latter will require some patience ;)

Today, I am off to throw some ideas into the pot for Andy Kim's new recordings. (Note: for those who don't know, Andy is the guy who wrote Sugar, Sugar for The Archies, plus many other huge hits, and who is also my dear friend. I am the musical director for his band, too). My friends Kevin Drew (Broken Social Scene) & Ohad (Do Make Say Think) are at the dials, and I am looking forward to working with them again.

Tomorrow, The Beauties play Yonge & Dundas Square from 8-10pm. Free outdoor show. Tell everyone!

Saturday, we leave to Calgary to start a 2 week run of gigs in Alberta and beyond. Check www.thebeauties.ca for all of the dates. We are coming for you, Canada.

So, that's my first blog. How's my driving?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Derek. This is my first time as a blog. Not sure if I'm doing this right. Hope everything is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best blog entry to date! The first two were interesting, but lacked focus. :) Looking forward to pics and musings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you taught me a new word! Luddite! Amazing!

    Can't wait to read more of this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great, D.Vasey rocks the design for this and your site! Looking forward to future entries, chisel chest.

    ReplyDelete